Sunday, February 24, 2008

Camacho 1962 Perfecto

Camacho 1962 Perfecto





First let me set the scene...it's Sunday afternoon and it's the first warm day in a long, long time. I'm setting on my patio as my two littler kids are playing on the driveway. Michelle is putting a new car seat in my new Honda and I'm enjoying some scotch and some much needed rest. Wind is light and the warm sun on my neck is feeling oh so nice.

I really like these little guys...it's the fourth I've had and they run around$2. The double-band is attractive and the shape is really cool...short, stubby, and tapered at both ends...and then given a little "schmushing" (box press). They feel really good in the mouth, smoke well, smell good, and provide about 30 minutes of good times. Tough to beat that.

I found the flavors to be nutty, with a little pepper. I could have sworn I tasted a bit of Cameroon but nothing I've read indicates that it has any. It seemed on many puff to have a "higher" taste than many of the earthy Hondurans that I've been enjoying.




Here's my short fatty after I smoked it a bit. I had to do one touch-up on this dude...after that, it burned like a champ (unlike other Camachos I've had, which can be really good but are often inconsistant).




Here's a guest star of the blog...who came by to show me a leaf. What a sweetie!




Here's the final bit of my smoke with a focus on the ash. Very nice medium flavor, medium strength.

Construction: 9 (very solid-only one correction. Oily and buttery appearance. Short fat and flat...this dude was really great).
Flavor: 8 (A little pepper, a little butter, some leather and some nut. Very pleasant).
Value: 7 (though it only cost $2, it is a pretty small smoke. I'd like to get these for a dollar).
Plumage: 8 (plenty of smoke and it smelled good too. Peppery and a little sweet).
Special: 8 The form factor was great. I noticed some small gold and copper flecks on it when I held it in the sunlight-probably tiny pieces of the band. Kinda cool, though).

Total: 8.116 This is a really good cigar. I suggest you try it if you can get one for around $2 (not hard online).

2 comments:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Another interesting review... And I loved the guest appearance!

Big Sexy said...

Oh yeah. I just saw that these are on Cigar Bid for $40 (starting bid). It's a sampling of 5 sizes (20 cigars). I'll bet that they end up selling for $42 plus shipping. Not a bad deal at all.