Monday, August 11, 2008

Gran Habano, Corojo #5 (Red label)

So, Saturday was a good day for smoking. Later that night, Kellie and I met up with her friend Amanda Fuhrer and her boyfriend at their new apartment in Lincoln. We talked till the wee hours of the morning and I smoked another Gran Habano, this time the #5 red label Corojo. I didn't get much in the way of pictures, but I was reminded how much I love this cigar. Definitely one of my all-time favorites, and my second favorite among the Gran Habano Mega-Sampler from Cigars International. (See previous entry on the #3 black label).


So here are my ratings on this bad boy:
  • Appearance - 6 \ Classy double band label. Nice size, just looks a little small. Medium thickness.
  • Burn - 5 \ Needed some touch-ups.
  • Draw - 7 \ Great. Used a punch cut.
  • Plummage - 10 \ Amazing plumes of thick haze, with a strong rich aroma.
  • Flavor - 9 \ Awesome. Bold, with hints of other flavors mixed in.
  • Overall - 9.5 \Just a knock-down great smoke to enjoy.
Good stuff!

1 comment:

Big Sexy said...

Too strong for me, Bro. Those things give me a stomach ache and I can't keep that thick mutha of a wrapper lit.