Friday, November 14, 2008

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles (Robusto)

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles (Robusto)






It's a chilly but clear night in November...I've got my Tatuaje Havana IV, my Chivas Regal scotch, and my mini laptop...and life is good. Very good. Can't recommend the scotch but the rest of it is the bomb!

This cigar doesn't look like much and the rustic and simple band does little for me. In fact, I would never buy this (or the other Tatuaje cigars) if not for the rave reviews that they get. It smells good, though, a little spicy.

It starts off with a blast of pepper...very strong. The pepper doesn't really let up for an inch or two and the pepper is backed up with some pretty decent power. I smoked five cigars last weekend in Anthony (including a Cubao, a 601 Green, a Man O' War, and a Perdomo) I and never really got that nicotine hit...this Tatuaje had me reeling in two inches.



Here's a picture of the label..."Night Spider Style" (actually my macro doesn't work too well with the flash!)


Here's the label and stogie. Nothing too remarkable on the outside.


The stogie has a great draw and a very nice aroma-thick and spicy. The plumage wasn't grand but the small clouds it produces were very dense.



This is a great stogie. It burned straight and tasted great. They sell for around $7. I got mine for closer to $4 and for that price...I'm not sure how you can get a better cigar than this. I got an hour out of this bad boy.

Quick Rating: 9.5 (dinged only for it's cheap-ass band). The only other thing that could have improved it would have been some good (adult) company!



Here's my guest reviewer. She came outside every few minutes to let me know what was happening on the Madagascar cartoon she was watching.








































1 comment:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Nice, dude. I'm looking forward to trying it. B and I had Kristoffs last night at Fidel's in Westport. Similarly rustic label (although slightly cooler because it seemed worn like a treasure map) and it was the first stogie in a long time that actually punched me in the stomach. Liked that!