Thursday, May 14, 2009

May Smokes

No pictures this time...just a short list of smokes I've enjoyed this month so far.

Montecristo (white label): I was given this as a gift by a coworker and smoked it last Sunday morning...good stuff. I'd call it mild to medium. The burn was perfect and it paired well with my Costa Rican coffee. I'd rate it a "2" (pretty good)-it doesn't get any higher just because it's not quite as flavorful as I've been enjoying lately.

Alec Bradley Tempus Creo (Lancero): I picked this up at Wichita at the Cigar Chateau. It is an elegant, double banded stick (one band at the foot). Man, this is a really great smoke. I have enjoyed some Alec Bradleys before but this is truly a premium. I'd rate it a 3 or maybe 4...need to try another to decide. It's a full and flavorful experience that I'm sure is duplicated in the shorter, chubbier sticks of the line.

I'm in Wichita now, doing some web training. Tonight is the big Clutch concert and I'm sure Ry and I will find time for a small smoke before we hit the Big Event.

2 comments:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Rock out on the Clutch!

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

PS: you should also check out watchtheguild.com -- kind of funny World of Warcraft version of that Dorkness Rising movie, but as a series of shorts online.