Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oliva V Belicoso (5" x 54)

Oliva V Belicoso



This little torpedo is from one favorite lines: the Oliva V. Though it is not my favorite from the line, it is a damn good smoke!

The dark wrapper was flawless. The band is attractive and easy to remove (something I really appreciate given my recent experiences with the Arturo Fuente King B cigar).  The prelight was rich and a little sweet.

I really don't know where to go with this review...the cigar is just damn good. I've sampled every size in the Oliva V line and gone through at least two boxes in the last year or two (my favorite being the figurado). The cigar never disappoints.

The smoking experience can best be described as "smooth power". Several times I have enjoyed the rich tobacco flavors to the nub, never once experiencing hardshness, surrounded by a haze of fragrant smoke...and stood up to realize that I needed to sit back down again. These are fullest bodies smokes I've had that manage to pack that power in a refined package-literally it's a steel fist in a velvet glove. Though this stick doesn't really have that many subtle flavors that I can pick out, the flavor is outstanding, as is the value (I think this stick cost me around $5).

This Nicaraguan puro is a solid 4 on my 4 point scale and may be my favorite cigar of all...when cost is factored in, the Oliva V has no competition at all.

 

Here I am enjoying this sweet stick on the way to Wright Park.


 

Here is my bonus cigar review guest: all played out!

2 comments:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Yes, these are about the best value cigar you can possibly get, and the reliability/consistency is a huge plus as well. I need to stay on the lookout for another good deal on a box.

Big Sexy said...

Oliva V's rock the Western World.