Monday, August 16, 2010

Nestor Miranda Dominicano Robusto Grande Rosado (5.5" x 54)

Long name...really good cigar!


I first experienced the Miranda Dominicano while at Disney World with the Family-and it has the distinction of being one of the stand-outs of the trip. Though we had lots of fun...the Dominicano is a great smoke and I can re-experience the trip (through the delights of olfactory memory triggers) for only 8 bucks!

It was dusk on Sunday night and I had set the stage for this smoke by pouring some Bowmore 12 Year Scotch. I took a sip and evaluated the Dominicano:
*Wrapper was dark (but not maduro)  and smooth-Ryan commented that he thought it was "Perfect".
*The band has kind of an African feel and has the distinctive copper bands that adorn all the Nestor Miranda lines. 



This stick, to me, is all about the plummage and aroma-it has plenty of both. The flavors are full but tough to describe. I enjoy them but cannot name them-though I did detect a bit of cocoa. The cigar produces thick aromatic smoke that I kept pausing to enjoy.

Here's some info from a vendor:

The Nestor Miranda Collection label from Miami Cigar & Company are a collaboration between Nestor Miranda (of course) and Pepin Garcia. These smokes, manufactured in the Dominican Republic, have captured the imagination of cigar smokers across the globe and are a must for the cigar connoisseur. 

Surprisingly (given the name), the only Dominican tobacco is the binder-the rest is all Nicaraguan.


I enjoyed this stogie-have smoked four this Summer and they have all been stellar. I rate it 4 on my 4 point scale-it is one of my favorites (based almost exclusively on the smell!).

Here are some bonus photos of some of the Family at our vacation:


Here my two boys and I are mugging it up in the fake subway entrance...


Here is a photo of the resort we were at-we really enjoyed the river that cut through it.


Here's four of our five, hanging out by one of the restaurants.


Here T and M are getting wild to some Cuban music!

2 comments:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

I liked mine, but I don't remember loving it that much. I may have give one another shot. Nice fam pix, too.

Big Sexy said...

It's a great stogie, dude. You should give it a second chance sometime.