Thursday, January 24, 2008

Punch Maduro Rothchild



Here are the tools...lovingly displayed atop my right thigh. I paired this baby up with a nice coffee that my brother Eric bought me in KC.





This is a special cigar...it was given to me by my father over Christmas. Gift cigars always seem to smoke better...and since this is a Punch, I had high hopes. It had been cooking in my humidor for about three weeks and was begging for me to give a try.

I gotta work late tonight...so I figured I'd take a long Lunch and treat myself.Even the 28 degree January cold couldn't keep me away from this...besides, I was nice and warm in the M.S.S.!




I hadn't had a smoke since Saturday (five days ago?) and when I had, I was sickly and stopped up. This Punch really hit the spot! The prelit aroma smelled pungent and just a little grassy-very nice.


Most Punch cigars seem to be medium to full in flavor and light to medium in body...I always enjoy the flavor but rarely get dizzy or suffer any adverse effects from enjoying one. This one was no different.


The draw was perfect-I got a little resistance but not much-perfect .The first few puffs imparted a good maduro flavor. The smoke smelled a little spicey and was very full. The smoke left a little aftertaste behind...reminded me of tea at times and at other times chocolate. About 1/2 way into the smoke, the plumage seemed a little thicker and smelled less spicey and a little sweet.

The burn was perfect. Not one touch up was required. I did find that smoking it a little slower hepled a lot with the flavor-when I was rushing it, the stick got a little bit more bitter. As soon as I slowed down, it kicked right back to goodness.



Construction: 10 (counts double)
Flavor: 8.5 (tasty but didn't change much)
Value: 8
Plummage 9 (odor and quality of smoke very high)
Special: 8 (This category varies from cigar to cigar-in this case the score is to
represent the great consistancy that Punch has)
Total Score: 9



Punch cigars always "do it" for me. They have a nice band, good price, and are very reliable.




Here's a pic from my "Head Cam"...so you can see the smoke and the world from the cigar's viewpoint!




And here is a special bonus pic of the M.S.S. (Mobile Smoke Shack).
While I smoked this little dude, I reflected upon the good times I had over the holidays...seeing Family, and such. I also had good memories of the Gaming Trip in Topeka last weekend...very fun and good to see all the guys again.









No comments: