Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thompson Co. Deal

Alright, shizzle monkey, I'll contribute to this deranged bit of "Roger Ebert smokes a stogie."

I got a deal in the mail for 10 cigars at $19. Two of the ten I really like; there's a RP Vintage 90 and a Gurkha Gold. The others I have never tried. Remember, I like medium-bodied smooth smokes. In addition to the two listed above, it comes with: Bolivar, Thompson Tusker (their brand, obviously), Cusano Corojo 97, A Reyes Native, La Flor Dominicana 2000, La Paloma, Manolete (another Thompson brand), and Cohiba.

Ya'll have any experience with these smoke tubes?

2 comments:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Dude, I haven't tried most of those smokes -- though the two you mentioned liking, plus the Cusano Corojo, have me curious.

I have had some pretty awesome experiences with the La Flor Dominicana. Let me know what you think of that one.
-ejr

Big Sexy said...

Brad...Sounds like you got some good ones there...but I've heard that the Thompson house brands blow. When you smoke those, I'd bring a "backup" smoke.

Here are some stogies that I think you'd like...so now you have to review one in an original post of your own-per our agreement.

I'll bet that you'd like most of the Gurkhas, the Rocky Patel Vintages, as well any of the Ovations or Trilogys (by Alec Bradley).

If you like Maduros, you could try Scott's old favorite, the Excaliber (sp?) or one that Eric and I like called the Hoyo Dark Sumatra. Both of these last two look dark and intimidating but are pretty smooth. I also like the Sancho Panza double maduro, which are also pretty cheap.

Also, do you like Cameroon wrapped cigars? If so, the Perdomo Mistakes from Cigars International might be great for you or (if you can find them) the Petersons Gran Reserve.