Friday, June 5, 2009

Tatuaje Gran Cojonu (6 x 60)

Tatuaje Gran Cojonu (6 x 60, by Pete Johnson and Don Pepin Garcia).

It's been a heckuva week-I've fixed so many computers and dealt with so many humans that I knew I needed something special...so when I got home and realized that the wind was low and the temperature nice...I grabbed something I knew I'd enjoy...



The Gran Cojonu!

I picked up a box of 12 of these dudes awhile back and really enjoy them. They are hefty sticks, 6 x 60 and feel solid. They have no bands to improve their appearance but they have a certain oily sheen and smell of pepper and rich tobacco.

I grabbed my Red Stripe, my son Thane, a dvd of Fear Factor t.v. episodes (with host Joe Rogan!), and we sat down for the most enjoyable night I've had in some time.


This stogie has an interesting foot-instead of open tobacco, the foot is closed with folded over wrapper. I like this a lot-lighting is very easy and I got a great burn.



Hey, man, I nubbed it! This stogie was fantastic. It had a peppery/cocoa flavor that was very full but not overpowering. It didn't change much but the flavor was so good and so consistant that I really didn't need it to. It burned for four episodes of Fear Factor and lasted through one Red Stripe, two glasses of water, and one restroom break. This baby was a trooper. The super thick ring gauge is not usually my thing but on this cigar it was awesome. The smoke was thick and aromatic and the burn was great too. I think I paid $10 for this stogie and I'd rate it a 4 on my four point scale. It's just a great cigar and, though it's too pricey for me to enjoy all the time, makes a great celebratory cigar when you've got time to enjoy it! Additionally, it's the best Tatuaje I've experienced, having none of the minor let downs that other Tatuajes seem to have, but still delivering that great flavor.



And here's my guest star! Thane and I watched Fear Factor...might try to see how many Rocky movies we can watch tonight!

1 comment:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Nice! That baby sounds like a beaut! I'm gonna need to find one of those sometime.

Peace out, from Omaha.