Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cain F (habano) Lancero (Unreleased) (7" x 38)



Today I smoked (and am reviewing) the Cain F (habano) Lancero by Oliva. Like the Oliva Cain Nub that I reviewed earlier in the week, it is from the large batch of Oliva cigars I won at the Outlaw Cigar Store in Kansas City. The cigar is also noteworthy due to the fact that is is not in regular production (yet) and thus unavailable to purchase.

The stick makes a big impact. It is long and thin and very elegant looking-definitely not the jawbreaker that the Cain F Nub I smoked yesterday was. It took to the flame and maintained a perfect burn while giving off copious amounts of plumage and great heavy and tart tobaco flavor. It reminded me a lot of the Cain Nub F but was more refined and much more enjoyable to me.

I found myself detecting a few other notes to the flavor, especially some tart elements that reminded me of cherries or citrus. It paired very well with my Roasterie City of Fountains coffee (a Kansas City Costco exclusive I can thank my brother for pointing out to me) and as I smoked it, I felt my on-again/off-again  love affair with lanceros returning. Each puff whispered "you missed me, didn't you" and each exhale said "hell's yeah!". I don't know how much these guys will retail for but I'm hoping to get a box next year if they are released.

I rate this stogie a 4 on my 4 point scale-great appearance, great burn, great flavor. Plus smoking one is a great conversation starter (I'm sure) as it is an impressive stick in its own way with its length and super oily surface. It does not seem as potent at the other Cain F I tried but still packs a lot of flavor and punch.






3 comments:

Michelle said...

WHO won? I ask again. . .

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

To Ireland!!! (So where's the review from yesterday's, ahem, evaluation session?) I look forward to trying one of these lanceros if they do a release. I'd trade you for one to try out.

Big Sexy said...

Rico: Might have one left-have to dig through the "Oliva Treasure Chest".