Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cubao No. 1

Yesterday, before the parents arrived for a little sojourn at our new house in KC, I enjoyed a Cubao while prepping a Flash class. It was a Cubao No. 1, and the sticker on the plastic wrapper noted the dimensions as 7 1/8 length by 49 ring gauge. I quite enjoyed it in the solace of the smoke shack, where I was protected from the blustery winds out here on the suburban plains of Olathe, KS.

The stats:

  • Appearance - 5 \ Intimidating length, plain band.
  • Burn - 9 \ fine -- especially considering the length
  • Draw - 7 \ no problems.
  • Plumage - 7.5 \ moderate plumage, with occasional clouds... solid tasty smell
  • Flavor - 8.5 \ solid and likable. A fairly heavy smoke, with the flavor getting richer as it progressed.
  • Overall - 8.5 \ Good stuff, if you have the time and atmosphere to enjoy it.
  • RT Scale (1-4) - 2.5 \ Just on the cusp of greatness. I'd never turn one of the babies away!


I have some pix, but may just have to add them later as time allows. Been crazy busy lately!

Pix Addendum… 4/24/09
Here are of few of me and the Cubao… As well some guest shots of Mom and Dad checking out some wedding locations.










3 comments:

Big Sexy said...

Glad you liked it. Wish I was there smoking with you!

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Hey, check out the new pix I added tonight!

Big Sexy said...

Nice pix. Mom and Dad look dwarfed by that big old church.

I have had some really good experiences with Cubao. The band, wrapper and the box they come in are super rustic-it's an "on purpose" effect, though I'm not sure if I like it.