Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Padilla Signature 1932 (Toro)


Padilla Signature 1932 (Toro 6 x 50)


Wow. Great cigar. It used to be made by Don Pepin Garcia (for Padilla) at Garcia's factory in Miami...now, I'm not so sure. I guess a year or so ago Garcia and Padilla parted ways so I'm unsure if Pepin is involved...if I had to guess, though, I'd say "yes" because it tastes like many of his other blends, only better.

It's won lots of awards, was smooth as butter, but still managed to keep my attention with strong and changing flavors. It's a great cigar folks.

Padilla made it to celebrate some special anniversary (those Latino cigar makers are ALWAYS honoring some special year). It has a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper and the filler and binder are Nicaraguan Criollo.

It stars off with some pepper (which comes and goes throughout the cigar) and has a very rich "Pepinesque" tartness...it has a certain sweetness to it as well. The cigar's wrapper is smooth and attractive and the burn line was perfect. The smoke is smooth but bold. It creates good plumage, has great odor. I really can't say much more about this stogie other than "outstanding".

They run around $13 online (for a single) which is a little high for me...but I caught a deal and paid closer to $5 a stick. Even for $13 it's a pretty decent smoke for a special occasion. At what I paid...it's a steal and I feel guilty with each delicious puff!




Here's the stogie 1/5 way in.


And here it is five minutes before I nubbed it.

This cigar is a solid 4-outstanding, super premium. I've had two of them and both performed flawlessly. Try one.

1 comment:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Dude! Didn't I have one of these charmers in your garage? I recall it being delicious, and as you said, marked with some tasty variations as you smoked it.