Friday, April 24, 2009

Padilla Series '68 Corojo

Robusto, smoked on the porch after a good but long week. One of my finest cigars, and an early birthday present.
  • Appearance 9 \ very cool label, nice wrapper
  • Burn 9 \ one touch-up but that was in some wind. Largely self-correcting even under those conditions.
  • Draw 10 \ superb... perfect draw.
  • Plumage 8.5 \ solid and richly aromatic despite strong breezes.
  • Flavor 10 \ My second one of these, just as good as the first. Woody and rich flavor, but not sweet.
  • Overall 10
  • RT score 4


Here it is on top of my windblown yellow pad, where I was storyboarding for the Flash wedding site I'm working on for me and Kells.


Here you can see a bit of the serial number, the very cool band, and the rich and oily sheen of the corojo wrapper.


And here's me enjoying the bad boy!

Kudos on a terrific gift! Great way to kick off the weekend.

1 comment:

Big Sexy said...

Cool beans! I'm really glad that you like them! I enjoyed the one or two I've had too.

When you get a chance sometime, see who makes them for and where!