Friday, April 24, 2009

No Review-just updates

Man, it's been busy. Not that long ago, I dreaded the time period between Halloween and Christmas because it required nonstop planning, travel, and craziness. Now it seems like every week is like that. Yuck!

I still found time to enjoy several stogies this week...didn't do full blown reviews but I thought I'd mention them in case any of other "Stogie Homies" had encountered them. Plus someone complained that I was only reviewing Don Pepin Garcia smokes so here's some goodies for you bastards that don't share my passion for the "Don"'s work!

Blue label Graycliff: this stogie was nutty and mild to medium in strength. Flavors were medium. I picked this up as part of a sample about two years ago, where it has sit happily in my humidor, waiting for it's time to shine! It had several flavors going on and was "clean"-not much aftertaste. Still, it was too mild for me these deays. Graycliff is a pricey brand and I don't think I'll have another. If you like most Gurkha's you've had, I'll bet you'd like this .

Oliva O (natural): I had only experienced the Oliva maduros so this was a new thing for me. I got it in a free sampler six months ago. The cigar was rich and buttery...and noticably stronger than I expected it to be. I wouldn't smoke these all the time but I think it's a really good cigar-nothing truly outrageous but no faults either...a solid 2 for me (probably a 3 on my 4 point scale if you like medium cigars (I lean towards medium to full most of the time).

This weekend I hope to have a (Nestor) Miranda SS lancero...it's a beat up looking lancero that I got for a steal. If I hit the Outlaw in KC, I may seek out an Illusione Holy Lancero, a great stick that I'd like to review from Eric's Smoke Shack at his new house!

1 comment:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Should review from there, dude! See you in a few hours!