Sunday, January 17, 2010

601 Blue-Box Pressed Maduro (Toro, 6.2" x 54)

601 Blue-Box Pressed Maduro (Toro, 6.2" x 54)



I received this Don Pepin Garcia gem from my oldest son Ryan-as a Father's Day gift from about two years ago. It came from Sosas at Downtown Disney and I'd been saving it for a special occasion. Today was the warmest and nicest day in over a month-and I knew that this was it!

The Blue label, by 601, is a Nicaraguan puro. It has a maduro wrapper and a colorful red, blue, and gold band. The one I had was slighly boxed pressed but not quite squared off.

Quick review: At Wright Park when I smoked this, I lost track of time and space. I remember a full flavor and body and a consistent "tart and peppery flavor". The stogie burned perfectly and produced solid grey ash. Plumage was impressive, even outside. I've smoked a half dozen 601 Blues and this stogie has never disappointed. For around $8 a stick (by the box), this is a fantastic stick, and probably my favorite Don Pepin Garcia made maduro. RTR Rating: 4 of 4.


Here I am enjoying the second half of this guy.




And here's a picture of my sweet and long-suffering wife!



Bonus picture 1: Anne-Marie helping Grandpa with sheep feeding this weekend.


Bonus Pic 2: The Shepherd himself.

1 comment:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Nice! Not sure if I've had one of those. I'll have to be on the lookout. And, as always, cool pix of the fam and various "goings-on"!