Sunday, January 10, 2010

Adrian's maduro robusto (5" x 50)

Adrian's maduro robusto (5" x 50)




A month or so ago, while I was smoking at the Cigar Chateau, a rep for Adrian's offered me a handfull of his brand of stogies. He told me how good that they were and that they were from Costa Rica and that they run around $6 apiece in a store. Rarely one to turn down free stogies, I snatched them up and put them in the humidor to to make sure that they'd be ready when the time came...

...and it did, today. I grabbed up the Adrian's Maduro and hopped into the Fit to chat on my phone and hit the SW Kansas highways-just me and my Costa Rican maduro!

The band is quaint (kind of a tropical beach motif) and the stick is very attractive-dark and a bit oily but very "natural" looking-not at all like some of the glossy black sticks that one sometimes sees.

As I smoked and talked and drove I realized more and more that this stick was both milder in flavor and in potency than I'm used. I also realized I really liked it. It gave off a mellow and clean maduro flavor that builded slighly in intensity at the nub. Through it all, it gave off good plummage and burned straight as an arrow.

I rate the Adrian's maduro at 3 (on my 4 point scale)-it's a great morning smoke for me and I'm glad I have one more freebie to enjoy before I have to try to find out where I can buy a few more.

Here's a link to Adrian's website, in case you'd like to check them out.

http://www.smokeadrians.com/

4 comments:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Nice! I'm gonna have to try some out and see if they have some at the Outlaw or elsewhere...

Big Sexy said...

Dude-have one left-will hook you up-especially if you try to review it!

Anonymous said...

I would love see your review. I know that the Humidor in Wichita KS has them in stock and so does Cigars and Tobac. They are quite tasty, i have never anything like them before. Great construction.

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Dude! I would review it, I'm sure, if only I got one from you... Wait -- you didn't already give me one, did you? I don't think you did...