Monday, January 19, 2009

Father Son Reid Oeste Don Pepin Double-Slam

It's a new year...and this is the first of several new formats I'm introducing to boost intest...there's a lot of competition in the "cigar blog" arena and if we're ever going to hit the big time (and score free samples from the Big Boys) we all have to step up a little!

So here we go...a Father Son Reid Oeste Don Pepin Garcia Double-Slam!

That's right-Father and Son both smoke and review at the SAME TIME!




Here's Ry's new cigar tools (courtesy of Holly's parents)-one of them is particularly cool to me-it has two different punches and a single blade guillotine in one unit. Neato.



Here's Holly and Thane-who came out to join us for this mind-numbingly cool review!




Here's Ry trying to be cool.




Here's Ry and I smoking our stogies.

Oh yeah. There was supposed to be a review...here goes...

Both cigars were very good. Both were fron Don Pepin Garcia's personal label...both were Nicaraguan puros...

Ry (Vegas Cubana Generoso)
"Don Pepin really knows how to bring on the pepper."
"This is good-not sure what the tastes are but there is more than just pepper here."
"I think I taste cedar here or pine".

Ry felt like his draw was a little tight. Thane, Holly, and Michelle all enjoyed the aroma of this cigar.
Ry rates it an 8 saying "I might give it higher if I could have smoked it indoors".


RTR (Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label (7.5" x 49 rg)
My draw was a little loose on this long boy but it's a great smoke-every time. It starts with some pepper and then I got lots of cinnamon. Great aroma, great Don Pepin "twang". I don't normally go for the "long somebitch" cigars but it was a great day and I have yet to regret lighting up a DPG Blue Label. Lots of flavor and medium to medium/full strength...was a little dizzy after I finished this two hour smoke!

RTR quick rating: 9.4---it's a great smoke.

3 comments:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Nice. Aren't you guys Reid West, though? I think you're forgetting a more northernly Reid contingent -- me and soon-to-be Kellie!

Big Sexy said...

Until you are officially married, you don't get a geographical designation. Once you go legit, you can be Reid Norte or Reid East...

Now I feel bad. I changed the blog from Norte to Oeste. Now that proves that I'm legit-too legit to quit.

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Dude, I don't have to be married to have my own legithood. Some would argue that you LOSE it going that route! ;-)