Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sol Cubano Artisan

Here's a review done by Ryan (Jr!) on a "barber pole" cigar that I had given him for Xmas.

It’s 2:41 p.m. on January 8, 2009. The day is beautiful, very little wind and it’s about 60 degrees. I woke up about 1:00 grabbed some oatmeal for breakfast and thought what do I want to do before I have to go to work at four. Yes, I could’ve done some work around the house, ran some errands or even went to see my girlfriend who’s in town for a little while, but it would seem the Sol Cubano Artisan Blend was my destiny today.

I’d been telling my dad for awhile now that I wanted to try out the barber pole designed cigars and on Christmas he gifted me with a box of five Sol Cubanos. I’m about half way into this cigar and it’s been great ride so far and only seems to be getting better. It’s a mild cigar; mild of course should not to be confused with boring. This cigar has been a good since I lit it up, but now as I’m in the middle of it the taste just kicked up as it does with most cigars. The interesting thing about the Barber pole design is that as you hit the different wrappers the taste of the cigar changes. I think everyone should try this cigar.

Ratings:

Taste: 9.5 (excellent taste)
Aroma: 9.5 (smelled amazing)
Wrapper: 7 (cracked in a few places, didn’t make it so I couldn’t smoke it though)
Draw and smoke output: 8.5 (just a little tight and a medium amount of smoke)
Band: 9.5 (masterfully done)

Review by:
The DC Fumador

1 comment:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Nice!!! Now I need to break out one of my barbe pole stogies and see it does for me! Too bad that it had some burn issues... I wonder if that's common of the style, or just a fluke.

Keep us posted with future reviews, DC Fumador!