Thursday, January 15, 2009

Joya de Nicaragua Antano

Joya de Nicaragua Antano (not sure on size-thin and short)




This is a short review for a short cigar. Strong. Very strong. I can't identify any specific flavors-not one. Instead, this cigar delivered a full on attack on taste buds (and, I think, my body). This cigar reminds me of when Ryan and I were looking for the hottest hot sauces...and we ran across Dave's Insanity sauce...and decided that sometimes, the hottest is NOT the best.




Rating: very difficult to rate. I couldn't smell the smoke after the first few blasts to my sinuses...and the flavor was impossible to rate as well. The construction was good...and I can see myself eventually liking this cigar if smoked it regularly for a few days or weeks. However, I'm certain that all other cigars would taste like cardboard and my poor taste buds might never recover!

This stands in stark contrast to the Don Pepin Garcia JJ Rosado (White Label) that I had last night...the JJ had some power but it also had some nuance-in it I could recognize at least three different flavors (jalapenio pepper, mocha, and coffee)...whereas this damn La Joya was a donkey punch to the face.

I'll probably buy another (a big one!) to try to get Seth to smoke and roll through his nose...but I'm staying clear of these dudes for me!

1 comment:

Eric J. Reid, Open Road Communications said...

Dude! I need to try one of these bad boys and see if I can out-man you. Interesting post. Dig the rock star look, even if you wussed out. ;-)